Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hello Again!

Thursday morning was not one of my better moments! My FIL (moved in with us when my MIL had a stroke in 06) made scrambled eggs and sausage for the kids. This was a nice gesture, don't get me wrong, but it would have been a really nice gesture if he would have asked them what they wanted to eat first. Having a 3 yr old and 5 yr old makes it hard to anticipate what foods they like week to week, and it has been at least two years since they have eaten eggs of any kind!

I woke up to the huffing and puffing he does when he gets upset with them (strike one) and realized the situation. I thanked him for letting me sleep in, and told him I would handle it. He went to work upstairs to work from home for the day (strike two). I made the kids what they wanted to eat, and sat down to eat their eggs.

I normally don't eat solid food for breakfast. I am never hungry in the morning, and my band is tighter in the am, too. I tend to just sick with coffee and fruit, but the guilt of throwing away food that he had made was getting the best of me. I started with a few bites of egg. They were a little dry, actually they were a lot dry, but they seemed to go down ok. I took two bites of sausage, and stopped. Uhhhh, very slow to go down. I waited for a minute, and had one more bite of eggs--wrong thing to do!

I immediately got up and started pacing. It was stuck, pressure and pain were getting worse, and the anxiety and slime process started! I was short of breath and just kept spitting more saliva. I felt like I wanted to puke, but I was scared. I have never done that with the band, but I had read about others who have (referred to as a PB). I was kept fighting the urge, and then...Hack! HELLO AGAIN! It was the egg and sausage, with a ton of frothy slime! YUCK! OMG!

I immediately felt better. The pain, pressure and anxiety were gone. I was able to go about my day fine. I suck to my coffee and banana for breakfast, and was able to eat normally for lunch and dinner. I guess it was a learning experience. I am going to remember this awful situation, and try to avoid it at all costs!

No comments: