Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Still Breathing

Hey there! I am here...still breathing--barely! This virus has officially kick my butt to the curb! I went back to the doctor on Monday, and she gave me a breathing treatment in the office. I was not moving air in my lower lobes. She also put me on an antibiotic to cover pneumonia, a steroid pack, and a new steroid inhaler! Yippee! Bring on the increased appetite and "roid rage" from the steroids! They should have me looking nice and round by Halloween. I guess I won't need a costume; I will go as a pumpkin!

I am going to see Dr. Choban this afternoon. I am going to fill her in on all of the deep wrenching coughing I have been doing. I am hoping she is going to tell me that there has not been any damage to the band. That would be the last thing I need...it would put me over the edge!

If this post sounds depressing, it is because I am. I can't exercise, I get winded talking, I feel like crap, and I have been eating like crap, too!

Oh, and one of my best friend's husband had a heart attack on Saturday. His main vessel is 100% blocked, he is in CHF and his heart is only working at 10%! Pretty sucky for a 49yr old with 5 kids at home, ages 17 to 3!

I guess that is enough cranking for now. I will update later.

No comments: