Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Coming Out

I had a NSV last night at dance class for my DD. I followed Jenna into the bathroom to help her change clothes and the owner of the studio came in after me. I turned around and she was toe to toe with me...and in a soft voice said "ok, me and Becky (the front desk girl) want to know what you are doing to lose all of this weight."

I was taken so off guard. I think this was the first time someone I was not "out" to said something about it. I chuckled and told her that is was a combo of having the LAP-BAND®, eating 1500 ish cals a day and working out. She seemed to only hear the LAP-BAND® part and was full of questions. I gladly answered them and then she left to go back out in the studio.

After she left I wanted to cry. I was not sure if it was an emotional release of the joy that comes with how far I have came, or if I was worried that the small town dance studio would be buzzing with the news of my surgery! Either way, I wondered how I would handle it when the day came, and I guess I got my answer!

Other news, I am officially down 81.2 lbs! Yeah Me!
__________________

No comments: